Position Summary: Biomedical Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing medical equipment.
The Biomedical Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Performs preventative maintenance, including safety tests, on medical equipment/systems used to monitor, diagnose and treat patients.
Troubleshoots identifies the source of the problem to board or component level as appropriate, and repairs electronic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical equipment. Ensures equipment performs in accordance with manufacturer’s specification prior to returning unit to operation.
Maintains records of work performed including preventative maintenance forms and labels; repair, installation, removal, and modification work orders; incoming inspection forms; and other records.
- High school diploma or certification of equivalency.
- AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic systems or devices.
- Ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in the English language.
- Strong computer skills (proficient with Microsoft products)
- Strong planning and organization skills.
Job Type: Full-time