Quality Biomedical is a leading provider of medical equipment management and repair services to hospitals, home medical companies, and other healthcare companies. The company currently operates in 6 states and is continuing its expansion to all major regions in the country. The company’s service centers are ISO 9001:2015 certified and have a strong reputation for high-quality work and the fastest turnaround for service in the industry.
We are currently searching for a hands-on Service Manager for our facility in Fort Wayne, IN & Boulder, CO. This position has very high visibility and growth potential for the right candidate. The position reports directly to the VP of Service Operations. The prime responsibility of the position is to ensure that all operational goals of the service center in Fort Wayne, IN & Boulder, CO are met consistently. The position requires excellent time and people management skills as well as a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals. The Service Manager must also be familiar with 6S and Lean processes
Key Responsibilities of the Service Manager:
- To meet and exceed the service revenue targets assigned to the service center by working closing with the sales organization and the resources available in the service center.
- Produce timely and accurate operational reports and analysis to communicate the achievements of the service center.
- Manage all activities conducted in the service center with respect to communicating with customers, receiving and servicing equipment, shipping and delivering equipment, and fulfilling all sales orders.
- Plan and manage the activities of all personnel in the service center to execute the daily, weekly, and monthly goals of the service center.
- Coordinate with courier services (both 3rd party and company-owned) to ensure timely delivery of equipment and parts.
- Order the parts necessary to perform the work of the service center.
- Manage and account for all inventory in the service center.
- Always be striving to optimize processes to make them Leaner and create a working environment that meets 6S standards.
- Manage the discipline at the site to ensure that the company’s goals are properly fulfilled all the time.
- Work with service technicians to determine opportunities for quality, productivity, and cost improvements.
- Actively manage the requirements imposed by the ISO 9001 standards to ensure that all processes are documented and are always performed at the highest quality standards.
Requirements for the position:
- 5 years’ experience in an operational management role in a technical environment.
- Experienced Biomedical Technicians with experience managing large service centers would be an advantage. A military background in biomedical engineering would be an advantage.
- A strong leader capable of commanding respect and comfortable in directing a large group of experienced service technicians and support staff is a key requirement.
- Capable of working independently.
- Prepared to “Roll up your sleeves” and work alongside service technicians as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of inventory management & logistics would be an advantage.
- While a Bachelor’s degree in any business or technical field will be a big advantage for this position, applicants with the appropriate experience and leadership skills will receive serious consideration.
Location: Boulder, CO & Fort Wayne, IN
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 7 am – 5 pm, evenings and weekends as required
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vacation & Health Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)